You can now order your favorite Don Juan’s salsa in advance for any special occasion, flavors include:
Mild, hot, too much hot, salsa verde, pineapple kiwi, mango pineapple, strawberry pineapple, pico de gallo, chipotle tomato. for more information please stop in at our location: 518 march St. Easton PA or call us at 610-438-5661 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Sunday, July 15, 2012
Monday, July 2, 2012
Health Benefits of Pinto Beans
- Pinto beans, like most of the other beans, are rich in fibers that are known for lowering cholesterol.
- The beans are rich in fiber, which restrains the blood sugar level from rising rapidly after a meal. Because of this factor, they prove to be an excellent food for individuals suffering from diabetes, insulin resistance or hypoglycemia.
- Pinto beans help in stabilizing the blood sugar levels, while providing consistent slow-burning energy to the body.
- The soluble fibers present in these beans form a gel-like substance in the digestive tract, which links with the bile and removes it from the body.
- Pinto beans also contain insoluble fibers, which prevent constipation and also help increase the stool bulk. Several digestive disorders, like the bowel syndrome and diverticulosis, can be prevented by regular intake of pinto beans.
- The beans are rich in molybdenum, folate, manganese, protein, vitamin B1 and minerals like iron, magnesium, potassium, phosphorous and copper, which are highly beneficial to health.
- Pinto beans enrich the body with fat-free high quality protein, when eaten with combination of whole grains like brown rice.
- The beans prove highly helpful in preventing heart diseases. They are rich in fiber, folate, magnesium and potassium, all of which play significant role in preventing the heart diseases.
- Pinto beans are extremely helpful for people sensitive to sulfites. Sulfites are the preservatives added to foods like salads. People sensitive to sulfites may experience rapid heartbeat, headache or disorientation after consuming them in high amount. However, the molybdenum present in pinto beans detoxifies sulfites and proves extremely helpful.
- The beans are highly healthy for menstruating women, pregnant women, lactating women, growing children and adolescents, who have a greater need for iron in their body.
- Pinto beans have an added advantage of being fat-free, unlike the red meat. Thus, they are richer source of iron, in comparison to the red meat.
- The manganese and copper present in the beans are important cofactors of the oxidative enzyme called superoxide dismutase. This enzyme disarms free radicals created inside the mitochondria.
- The copper present in pinto beans promotes the activity of lysyl oxidase. Lysyl oxidase is an enzyme engaged in cross-linking collage and elastin, which in turn build up the ground substance and flexibility in bones, joints and blood vessels.
- Both the iron and copper present in the beans help in hemoglobin synthesis.
- Pinto beans also contain vitamin B, which is not only active in energy production, but also has important brain cell/cognitive function. It helps in the synthesis of acetylcholine, which is an important neurotransmitter required for memory.